Having paint protection film installed on your vehicle will help protect against rock chips and scratches. The film will keep your car looking new and preserve its value. However, which paint protection film should you have installed? Are you having a hard time deciding between XPEL and 3M for your vehicle? Read below for some key differences.
Here are some of the key differences between XPEL and 3M:
- XPEL is virtually clear and invisible while 3M will fade and yellow over time
- Old 3M film will be discoloured and very noticeable on your vehicle
- XPEL is nearly invisible
- XPEL is self healing while old 3M will scratch easily
- The top coat on XPEL will self heal minor swirls and imperfections in the sun
- Old 3M does not have a top coat
- XPEL is thick and provides a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- The old 3M can yellow and fade within a year
Here is old 3M on installed on a Jeep. You can see all the scratches and imperfections that are permanent.
Here is an installation of XPEL on the full front end on a brand new Volvo XC90. It is nearly invisible and clear.
At Liberty Autoworx, we use XPEL Ultimate Plus paint protection film and are certified installers. If you would like to get a quote for installation on you car, please fill out the form below or call us at 780-900-8685.
**This is a comparison between XPEL Ultimate Plus paint protection film and old 3M film